Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Softball






Softball is the greatest sport in the world. I have played softball since before kindergarten and am still playing with some of the same people that I played with ten years ago. When I was little I used to watch my parents play slo-pitch for 'Big Brothers'. I play catcher in softball, that's the person who wears all the black heavy gear and stands behind the plate catching the pitches from the pitcher.






I have played on the Abbotsford Bandits for five years now and have been the top team in Abbotsford for the past three. Last year my team placed first in the Lower mainland and fifth in BC. I have gotten medals in numerous tournaments and gotten a number of MVPs.






Originally there was seven levels that you could play according to your age. There was T-ball which was the level you play first which are all the kids who aren't in school yet. Then there was mighty mite which were Kindergarten to grade two, mite which were grade three to four, pee-wee which were grades five and six, squirt which were grades seven and eight, bantam grades nine and ten and midget which were grades eleven and twelve. Recently T-ball and mighty-mite have been replaced with Learn-to-Play, an are with no winners and you just play to have fun. You can't strike out, if some one catches the fly ball you aren't out and there is no stealing bases. everyone gets to bat every inning and no one keeps track of the score.






I love playing baseball so throughout the winter I take clinics to become a better catcher and hitter. I am coached by the hitting coach of the Canadian senior women's softball team and a really good catcher. I can never wait for the baseball season to start or for my clinics to come weekly. Softball is the greatest sport on the planet and I love playing it.









Links:















To stay updated with the Abbotsford Bandits visit their page on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment